[Lists] New Education Resources

Cochrane, Michael EDUC:EX Michael.Cochrane at gov.bc.ca
Tue Aug 5 09:33:03 PDT 2014

We are very pleased to announce that Open School BC will now host two websites we had developed.

Being Victorian and Victoria: Capital of BC

Developed for the Provincial Capital Commission to highlight the city of Victoria and her history, these sites are excellent resources for Grade 10 Social Studies or Grades 4 or 5 Socials, Science, Language Arts or Drama.

The Being Victorian Website<http://www.openschool.bc.ca/features/victorian.html> describes how the real Victoria was a much more interesting place than we imagine it was. This site also links to the free teacher’s guide with background information, activities and marking guides for Grade 10 Social Studies. http://www.openschool.bc.ca/features/victorian.html

The Victoria, Capital of BC site<http://www.openschool.bc.ca/elementary/ss4-5/index.htm> features an interactive map of the old city with a clickable timeline of significant historical events. This highly interactive and engaging educational site also includes a Teacher’s Page with a downloadable Activity Package. http://www.openschool.bc.ca/elementary/ss4-5/index.htm

These sites are two more examples of the resources that Open School BC continues to develop for the students, parents and educators of BC. Watch for a new Victoria: Capital of BC Features Page<http://www.openschool.bc.ca/features/index.html> in the new school year.
http://www.openschool.bc.ca/features/index.html